This Vintage/Antique Mid-Century Modernist Dumbbell Lamp was originally created by Italian designer *Enzo Mari*. With respect to his genius design, we have redesigned this cool guy *ESW style* with a unique aqua green/blue color cord and silver bowl light bulb.
Enzo Mari is perceived as 'the critical conscience of design'. His work has contributed to the world-wide debate on the contemporary design profession.
This lamp was designed circa 1960 and is made of ABS Yellow plastic.
The ball base has a weight in the bottom that keeps it standing straight up & steady…. BUT it also allows the entire lamp to move in a circular motion!! With this piece you would never have to worry about anyone knocking it over, because this little lamp will bounce right back up…. cuz this lil guy likes to wobble… in fact… he lovez it! See video below.
- Lamp alone stands 9.5"H (w/ bulb)… 6"H (w/o bulb)
- Base measures approx: 4"W
- Bottom Base Weighs approx 2.5lbs
- A 3" silver bowl bulb has been added to the lamp to play off its balancing act.
- On/Off switch is located at the neck of the dumbbell, where the yellow part grooves. And as if this lamp could get any cooler, it also has the ability to dim its light simply by turning the neck from left to right to adjust the amount of light needed which makes it a super sweeeet MODERN MOOD lamp :)
- Socket is medium screw and will fit any standard household light bulb (E26). This silver bowl light BULB IS INCLUDED with purchase.
- Cord is made from a aqua color cloth material and measures approx 7ft - 8ft long. (UL listed)
- A black round plug has been added for extra flair.
WOBBLING ACTION VIDEO: Starring ESW's mascot *The one and only. Keoki*